Abundance Comes From Living On Purpose

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being Spiritually And Socially Connected Today

With Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and other social media tools, people are more spiritually and socially connected than ever before. Is there risk in opening yourself up to online relationships? There is no more risk in social media connections than in other types of relationships, in my opinion. Anytime we share information about ourselves, or even take time to introduce ourselves to another, we are taking some risk.

To me, the greater risk lies in being too fearful to trust anyone in the world. Our souls yearn to connect with other human beings. We hunger for love and acceptance. We hunger for touch and affirmation that our being alive matters to someone. Our very human nature compels us to seek out companionship and friendship.

In business, no one can succeed if they are too fearful to connect with others. A business owner who offers a superb product or service has to meet and interact with others for a beneficial exchange to occur. This is the basis for free market enterprise. Offering more in use value than we receive in payment from our products and services.

Today, a lot of people are very afraid to take risks. The news media exists by bombarding our lives with how much risk there is in the world. Negative news sells far more than positive news does. The millions of people who safely reach their destinations and enjoy traveling are never interviewed. It's the isolated incidents of terror and tragedy that make the news.

As a successful network marketer, my chief goal is to empower others to break free of fear. I have tremendous faith in human goodness. When I purchase goods and services, such as a car or an airline ticket, I expect to receive more in use value than I pay in cash value. I have never been disappointed.

As a result, I believe that more good things are available for us all to enjoy. This is a mindset of abundance. My biggest challenge is to choose. I cannot live everywhere so I must choose a place. I cannot drive every car, so I must choose one. I cannot participate in every lucrative network marketing business, so I must choose the one that appeals most to me.

Let's make the most of today's opportunities. Life is too precious to miss out on meeting new people. With so many ways to assist others and be assisted in return, we cannot afford to live in fear. Success belongs to the courageous, the decisive, and the connected. By being more spiritually and socially connected today, we set the stage for becoming more abundant tomorrow.

No comments: