Abundance Comes From Living On Purpose

Friday, April 9, 2010

One Very Ambitious Squirrel

This morning I was blessed to watch a very ambitious squirrel battle gravity, solitude, and the wind to create an impressive nest. Can't you just hear the other squirrels now? "What kind of an idiot would build a nest on a tiny limb in a nearly dead pine tree 40 feet in the air?" "What if someone falls?" "That is no place to raise a family." "What if that tree dies and falls?" "You can't do that by yourself. You need help." "Did you get a building permit?" "Does that structure meet code?"

Okay, so I got a little carried away. But think about it. This squirrel is following its God-given purpose in life to be a squirrel and raise more squirrels. So rather than waste time wondering what the other squirrels think, she takes action to achieve her purpose. As a result, in a relatively short period of time she has a fine nest for herself and her future family. All of this represents courage, hard work, and creativity.

I am inspired by this squirrel to go and accomplish similar feats. After all, God gave me much more ability and purpose than He did the squirrel. I am determined to achieve my highest purpose undeterred by seemingly impossible obstacles. These obstacles may include my lack of experience, no one to help me, and the apparent foolishness of my dreams, not to mention the naysayers who criticize anything out of the ordinary. Thanks to this ambitious and inspiring squirrel, I feel more empowered than ever.

No comments: