Abundance Comes From Living On Purpose

Monday, February 1, 2010

Defining Success Today

What is success to today’s family? Is it having a big house, a new car, private schools, and designer clothing? Or is success defined more by our relationships and shared experiences? These are questions I am seeking to answer for myself and others.

The economic downturn of the past couple of years has given people the opportunity to re-evaluate their priorities. Working harder and longer to buy bigger houses and more expensive cars has gotten many families onto a merry-go-round that is not much fun. It’s stressful, often tearing families apart rather than bringing them closer together.

There must be a solution to this dilemma. How can we “have it all?” After all, I enjoy a nice home, a safe car, and fashionable clothes as much as anyone. I also cherish the relationships with my family, my friends, and my business associates. These relationships require my most important gift in this life – my time.

My goal was to find an avenue to generate the level of income that my family deserves to be safe and healthy. Next I sought to do this without trading all of my precious time to a stressful job. In speaking with others and doing research, the answer quickly became obvious to me. Working together with like-minded people using a simple, but lucrative business model would serve this purpose.

There are many successful home-based businesses available today. Before joining one, however, my advice is to find a group of people who think like you do and share your values. Then find out what they’re doing. If it sounds like something you would enjoy, then do it. If not, keep looking. However, I know from experience that the people who succeed in the work-at-home world, are those with belief, determination, and a willingness to take action.

No comments: