Abundance Comes From Living On Purpose

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Abundant Fishing

How does the sport of fishing relate to an abundant life? Fishing is not my favorite pasttime although my husband enjoys it a lot. Since I live on a huge lake with close to 600 miles of shoreline, I see people spending lots of time and money on the sport of fishing. They never seem to tire of this sport because they know there is an abundance of fish in the water. There may not be an abundance of fish in everyone's boat but there are always fishermen with sizable catches.


If you go to a bait shop or the fishing section of a sporting goods store, you will quickly realize that there is an abundance of tackle and ideas for catching fish. Such is the case for achieving abundance in other areas of life, particularly in the area of monetary wealth. From my own experience with achieving abundance, I first started by asking people who were already catching an abundance what kind of tackle (goods, services, advertising) they were using. Then I did what they told me and it worked! Sometimes I catch more than I do at other times but one thing is for certain: if I don't go on the water and actually fish (take action toward achieving abundance), it's a sure bet I won't bring home a catch.


As I look back on my life, I realize that some times I fished the way I was told and did not achieve abundance. Such was the case when I worked for an employer who promised me a salary and a "benefits package" that let me get by but not achieve abundance. The conventional wisdom in our society is to fish "small." We are told that we only need a few fish for us to survive. However, how about when we want to share our fish with others who may not be able to fish.



When I was considering a career change from being employed as a nurse to being an entrepreneur with my own home business, I heard a still small voice in my head. This voice was not audible, but it clearly stated, "Drop your nets on the right side of the boat." Those of you familiar with the Bible will recognize these words as Jesus' when he asked the disciples if they had caught any fish and they had not. Even though they were experienced fishermen, they benefitted from listening to a higher authority. So did I. Let's continue to fish with an expectation of abundance.

To Your Abundance,
Sandra Hayes
1-800-852-7695

No comments: